Stainless steel, while long popular, is making a resurgence in the high-end furniture market. Designers love the variety of colors, and the many choices of textures and finishes stainless steel has to offer.
Such a variety of choices can make for difficult decisions, so this article will help you by highlighting customer favorites for colors and finishes. Let’s get started!
Why Stainless Steel Is an Excellent Choice
There are many good reasons stainless steel enjoys popularity in the furniture industry. Here are just a few:
- Durability – Stainless steel is well regarded as a durable metal, and has been since its discovery in the early 1800s. First manufactured in quantity by Krupp AG, a German steelmaker, this useful alloy has only gained in popularity in the ensuing decades.
- Corrosion resistant – The corrosion resistance of stainless steel is common knowledge.
- Heat resistant – Stainless steel has superior performance to other carbon steels at high temperatures. They are more fire resistant, even at temperatures over 500° C, and they retain their stiffness more than carbon steel, even at temperatures above 300° C.
- Versatile – Stainless steel comes in many forms, including sheets, rolls, tubes, and bars, to name a few. It is easily worked allowing designers to create complex products and shapes. Stainless steel bending, laser cutting, and CNC machining services, are all possible, with no need for exotic equipment.
- Simple to clean – Stainless steel products are readily cleaned with ordinary household cleaners, such as detergent, which keep them looking new and extend their service life.
In businesses where hygiene standards are elevated, and where electrical equipment is exposed to a humid or corrosive environments, stainless steel is often used.
This reduces replacement costs and makes an initially expensive purchase economical over time.
- Suitable for indoor & outdoor use – Many of the above listed attributes explain why stainless steel is used outdoors as well as indoors.
- Recyclable– Stainless steel is highly recyclable, making it an excellent choice for manufacturing new products. This reduces the strain on the environment by lowering waste and minimizing the exploitation of new raw materials.
Polished Stainless steel is capable of taking a high polish, which offers a modern, yet minimalist vibe. For this reason, it is the most popular finish for furniture. It has a subtler sheen than chrome, is corrosion-resistant, scratch-resistant, and tarnish resistant, which makes it more durable than a chrome finish.
Brushed stainless steel is preferred for outdoor furniture because it does not reflect light very well. It is also the choice for outdoor furniture because of its inherent corrosion resistance, workability and its attractive appearance.
We use #304 Grade stainless steel with a brushed surface finish for our outdoors furniture.
Interior furniture may also have a brushed finish, normally with # 201 Grade stainless steel + Anti-fingerprint, or #304 Grade stainless steel, which boasts a higher cost.
Stainless Steel Colors
Advances in technology allow us to make stainless steel in a range of colors and hues. These are those most popular colors for furniture.
Brass is an interior design trend that began in 2021. Antique brass offers a settled-in, classy, even elegant look. Stainless steel in the antique brass color is less expensive alternative and all but indistinguishable from the real thing.
We use #201 Grade stainless steel + Brushed + Electroplated Brass Color+ Anti-finger print.
Shimmering gold stainless steel will turn your design into a refined and elegant piece of furniture.
Polished #201 Grade stainless steel, with gold Electroplating is a preferred choice.
Antique Titan Black
Black stainless steel is also very trendy, and the modernistic finish is growing in popularity.
#201 Grade stainless steel electroplated and Anti-fingerprint is our first choice.
As you know, the right color and surface are critical to your design and equally important in driving sales. You need to consider beauty, cost, and popularity.
If you need a professional partner to help you, we urge you to contact us for free advice.
We design and supply high-end coffee and dining tables for over 100 leading retailers and top brand names since our inception in 2010. We have the best manufacturing partners, and we guarantee top quality. We also offer world-class, personal service—CONTACT US!